Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fall's my Favorite

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking successive autumns."
~ George Eliot

I love fall... If I had to pick, I guess that I would have to say that fall is my favorite season. I love the first morning when I am greeted with a cool crisp breeze, I love sweaters and cardigans. (Just typing that I love cardigans makes me smile. My youngest sister calls me cardigan queen.) Well I can't help it... In style or out of style I love cardigans

I love wreaths of deep reds, golds, oranges, and browns that adorn front doors. I love arrangements of mums that greet guests as they arrive. I love pumpkins, crunchy leaves, sitting around a fire, drinking hot chocolate, and chatting. I just love fall.

I love caramel apples, and I love making them with my children. It is our own Welcome Fall Celebration . I love the idea or thought of having a little party where children bob for apples in an old wash tub...but that thought is a fleeting thought...because that just can not be sanitary. , but I do love the thought of it.

I love the pumpkin pie, that I only make during the fall season, mostly at Thanksgiving time. My children love it too. I love the smell of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger that fills our kitchen while the pies bake in the oven. I love the scent of the pumpkin spice candle that I buy every year... I guess you could say...I JUST LOVE FALL.


A few pictures of "the making of our caramel apples"

Every ones favorite ~ Granny Smith, Red Delicious, and Honey Crisp
The most important ingredient in our Welcome Fall Celebration--APPLES! 
(Notice my new canisters--my "treasure" from last week-end)
Annie-Lauren doing her part.


Caroline covering the apples in chocolate and caramel

The fun begins...adding the  toppings!!!
Fall can officially begin....☺


The finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment