Monday, October 10, 2011

Celebrate Fall




Fall can officially begin…. We have had our "Welcome Fall celebration."  This past Sunday, after church, we came home and got ready to celebrate.  Every year, as a family, we make caramel and chocolate apples, and carve pumpkins. I am usually in charge of the apple making, but with each passing year Caroline seems to be taking over and I am more of the helper. Getano is in charge of the pumpkin carving.  It is something the entire family looks forward to and enjoys. As soon as October is here Annie-Lauren starts asking, "When do  we celebrate ?" She is always up for any type of celebration.

Years ago I spoke to a much wiser and older woman than myself, and asked her this question… What did you do to create traditions and memories for your children? " Her reply to me was simply- “You do the same things every year and when your children are older and not at home they will still remember, and in many cases come home for the traditional celebration or wish they could come home...”   

I remember thinking that is easy enough, I can do that… So I started trying to come up with our family traditions and create memories for my children. My hope is that when they are on their own, and a cool crisp morning ushers in the fall season, that one of the first things that will come to their minds is our “Fall Celebrations” and that it will bring  warm feelings and fond memories  to their hearts…

It does not take a lot… just a little time and planning to create memories that will last a lifetime. I know these moments and memories will forever be etched on my heart.

A few pictures from our celebration….

The Before






  
The After


Let the carving begin








The Finished pumpkins.... Zachary's LSU, Annie-Lauren's flowers and Caroline's birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment