So here we go... a new school year and a new season... Caroline is beginning her first year of high school, Zachary is entering 5th grade and Annie-Lauren is bursting with enthusiasm to begin 3rd grade. I am praying to make the most of this season, because it will be gone before I turn around...
So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom
Psalm 90:12
| School Days 2011 |
Caroline's very first day of school seems like it was just yesterday... She was 4 years old and starting K-4. That first day of school, Caroline, her Nana Cathy, and I jumped into the car, only after we took numerous pictures to document the day, to drop her off.
I can still remember looking in the rear view mirror that was focused on Caroline. She was buckled up and sitting in the middle of the backseat, looking cute as a button in her sweet little uniform and her big red bow. I can not remember a lot of what we talked about, but I do remember my sweet little girl reminding me of one of the rules... " Mama, remember you don't get out today, I go by myself." She still has that quiet independent strength.
I did not shed a tear that day, while other moms may have been tearing up or sobbing, I was more concerned that Nana Cathy was getting a good picture of Caroline as we drove off. We must have been a sight that day. Cathy hanging out of the window, trying to keep her balance and focus her camera to get the perfect shot... What I would not give to have a picture of that . ☺
Caroline's first day... she was "going by herself"
Wish I had a picture of the photographer hanging out of the window... ☺
Fast forward 11 years... My sweet Caroline is starting High School... I have to be honest. The tears that I did not cry the day she started K-4 I have more than made up for. I know she will do great, and I am excited for this new season in her life, but the reality of knowing the next 4 years will fly by faster than the previous 11 is very bittersweet...
| Caroline's first day of high school.... Thank you Liney for being a good sport for your mom.. and letting me take this picture..♥ |
So... here we go. The lazy days of summer are gone and the busy days of school, sports practices, piano and dance lessons, are upon us. I am going to make the most of each moment and try to cherish each and every ordinary, busy day... because I know before I turn around they will be gone.
So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom


Lisa, you inspire me! Your children are precious. . . and I'm certain they are just as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside! Miss you! ~Holly DuPriest
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly . I hope you have a great school year.
ReplyDeleteLisa
ReplyDeleteCaroline is beautiful. I cant believe she is in high school
Thank you Ms.Anne, I can hardly believe it myself... I hope y'all are doing great.
ReplyDelete