Today is my husband’s birthday. It is a day of celebration and gifts (in my opinion), but anytime I ask him to tell me what he would like for his birthday, his response is ALWAYS the same... "I don’t need anything." This is the polar opposite of me. If someone were to ask me what I would like for my birthday I would be able to rattle off a number of items that I really NEEDED, and could tell them where the items could be found or purchased. This year I asked the same old question, and true to form, my husband has once again said, "I don't need anything." I have learned that this can also be interpreted as, "Lisa, do not mess up our budget, because I really mean, I don't need anything..."
It seems ironic to me that it is his birthday, and as I sit here typing I feel like I am the one who has been given the present. He is, after all one of the greatest presents I have ever received. My heavenly father went all out when He gave me Getano as my husband and best friend. So today we celebrate the day Getano was born. Happy Birthday Getano! I wrote this poem for you...and it did not mess up the budget!
Champion, Hero, Love
You are my champion
You are the title holder of my love and admiration.
You are the defender of our home.
You are the strong arm I lean on,
You are the champion of my heart.
You are my hero.
You are valiant, bold, and our protector,
You are Caroline's brave and faithful father.
You are Zachary's Superman, courageous and fearless, his idol.
You are Annie-Lauren's leading man in every skit and drama.
You are my hero.
You are my love
You are devoted and true
You are the one I adore
You are the father of my children
You are my truest friend.
You are my constant companion and confidant
You are my love.
Happy Birthday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment