I absolutely love the Christmas season. I love decorating, (I put everything out the day after Thanksgiving so that I can enjoy it all month long) I love spending time with family, and I love love Christmas music but one of my favorite things at Christmas is...
Receiving Christmas cards in the mail and sending them ...
This year a friend asked me if I was going to send Christmas cards out? To which I replied "Yes, of course, why wouldn't I?" We then began talking about Face book and how now people can keep up with everyone all year and view pictures of each others families all year long. We discussed if there was a need for the Christmas card.... Well I have decided, YES!!! there is a need and have decided to list my reasons...
1. It is the one time of the year where my family will cooperate with me for a picture... because I have convinced them that the Christmas card is a sacred thing.
(please don't tell them otherwise...)
2. I usually have Caroline help me with the cards...so it is time I get to spend with my sweet oldest daughter where we are not running and going. We are just simply sitting, cutting, taping, tying bows and most importantly TALKING.
3. I love checking the mailbox everyday in December...
4. The cards and pictures remind me that friendships old and new are precious gifts.
5. We hang the cards we receive every year in the same place, admire them and pray for each family that the cards represent.
6. They are tangible. I can hold the cards and pictures in my hands.... they don't go away when I log off of Face book.
7. They make me smile.
8. It makes me appreciate how creative some of my friends are.
10. It is a tradition... :) and some traditions are worth keeping.
![]() |
Just a sneak peek of the Clement Christmas card... coming soon to your mailbox... ♥ |




No comments:
Post a Comment