Wednesday, August 29, 2012


It is your birthday. 40 today...

Today is your birthday.  I have had the amazing privilege of  celebrating  20 birthdays with you.  I have written this before and I think it often... You are the best gift I have ever received. You are the far better and wiser half of us...

 

Happy Birthday,Getano! 

Getano, your life touches so many others even in the simplest of ways that you are unaware of...
The other day  I walked into a local hardware store to pick something up for you. You had called in the order and told the salesman that you  would be sending someone to pick it up. The salesman had no idea that you were sending me. While I was  waiting for the items ,he and I began a conversation. It was then that the salesman realized who I was... He looked directly at me and said,



"Congratulations! You are married to the kindest man I have ever met."
I politely thanked him and agreed with him 100%. I then noticed that Zachary, who was standing next to me, looked as if  he had  grown 3 inches in that one second and was pushing out his chest. ☺ To say that he was proud of his daddy  at that moment would be an understatement.  A lesson was learned that day by your son... because of the way you live your  ordinary everyday life in the local hardware store.


Happy Birthday, Getano! You are such a priceless, precious treasure.  Your life teaches us everyday!!! 

When I think of you, I often think of how your life has been the living and breathing words of  1 Corinthians 13...


1 Corinthians 13:4-8


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 

  • You are patient... you never give up on others. You patiently wait. Always waiting and praying for them to see what their Heavenly Father and you see in them. You have patiently waited for God to change my heart about so many things so many times... Never forcing your way.

  • You are kind...  a kinder man I have not met and neither has the salesman at the hardware store. ☺
  • You do not envy...    You rejoice with others. In twenty years I can honestly say I have not seen you have a jealous moment.
  • You are not boastful or prideful ...  A more humble man I do not know -I love how your teach our children that life and their talents are gifts. Gifts from their Heavenly Father. Reminding them daily that the only correct attitude is one of thankfulness and gratitude, not pride.           
  •                                                  
  • You do not dishonor others and you are never self-seeking-    You have a servant's heart, always willing to serve others. You always show the utmost respect for others, and you never have the attitude of "What is in it for me?"
  • You are not easily angered and you keep no records of wrongs-  You definitely are not easily angered  and you keep no record of wrongs !   You forgive and you forgive and you forgive....  You have been such an example to me over the past 20 years of forgiveness... Always telling me these words-" Lisa, I have been forgiven so much. How can I withhold from anyone a gift that I have been given undeservedly so many times. "                                                                                    
  • You do not delight in evil and you always rejoice with truth-  You are not a man that  delights over evil, injury, destruction , or anynything that may cause  suffering for  others.  You always rejoice in truth... Knowing that it is truth that transforms lives.
  •  You always protect, always trust, always hope and you always persevere.- You are a protector, you are trustworthy, and you never give up hope. You persevere in all things. You never quit!
Love never fails
Happy Birthday, Getano! Thank you for being a living and breathing definition of what love is, not only for me, but for our children... I love you and pray for many more birthdays with you...

                
 

No comments:

Post a Comment